We’re looking for Plant Addicts to join our team. You are a plant-impassioned and team-oriented individual who has a balance of retail, customer service experience and plant knowledge. You love to meet plant enthusiasts and offer styling and care advice, patiently and efficiently teaching plant novices about all of the amazing things Planty has to offer.
You thrive in fast paced environments and have the ability to maintain a positive, resilient attitude in the face of ambiguity, growth, and change. You are a team-player who has a strong desire to meet your goals while providing a positive customer experience.
This role reports to the Shop Owner and in partnership to each of the teammates.
Areas of Responsibility
• Engage & greet all customers with a focus on suggestive selling. Be an active contributor in meeting daily and weekly shop KPI goals
• Encourage community engagement and customer retention through use of shop social media, driving email capture and customer loyalty initiatives
• Act as a “plant expert” in shop, building a holistic knowledge of Planty’s product line and developing a working knowledge of all of Planty’s plants and plant care
• Assist with in-shop events, community initiatives, and workshops as scheduled
• Assist with daily plant care maintenance, shop deliveries, visual merchandising, cleaning/maintenance, and inventory handling tasks as scheduled
• Develop expertise in operating the point of sale system (Shopify), handling all transactions accurately, and navigate basic troubleshooting
• Accurately open and close the shop as an effective and responsible Keyholder
• 1+ years of experience in a retail, hospitality, or customer service setting
• Ability to lift/carry up to 50lbs
• Ability to work with a sense of urgency
• Ability to navigate priorities, multi-task, follow-up, and ask for assistance when needed
• Ability to receive constructive criticism and feedback with a willingness to learn and improve
• Ability to maintain a positive, optimistic, empathetic attitude at all times
• Must be detail-oriented and have strong organizational and communication skills
• Not afraid to get dirty at work- yes, we work with dirt!
• Love of I’m Planty AF and a natural plant enthusiast!
• Part Time: You will be expected to work 15-30 hours/week depending on seasonality
• You must be available on weekends and some weekdays and nights
• You must be flexible to work between 4 and 8 hour shifts as scheduled
• Available to work during retail black out periods and holidays like Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, etc.
What we look for in future teammates
SERVICE: You are passionate about helping our customers live a life well-lived by anticipating, meeting and even exceeding their needs to ensure they have an enriching experience. When issues arise, you reason and intuit to provide a fair and timely resolution. OPTIMISM & POSITIVITY: You are resourceful and committed to the brand vision. You are always nimble, excited to tackle new problems and focused on the future.
GROWTH: You desire to continually evolve and level up, both by taking risks to create and innovate and using failure as a learning experience. You seek out and provide feedback that is both honest and kind.
TEAMWORK: You hold yourself and others accountable for Planty’s success. You consider the impact your work has on others. You air issues quickly and with respect, understanding that together is the only way forward.
EXCELLENCE: You strive to be the best without succumbing to perfectionism by utilizing critical thinking and clear communication. You maintain rigor, discipline and dedication to ensure consistency.
Address: 124 S Union St, downtown Traverse City
Contact: Karen Hilt
Phone: (231) 493-6440